Until today, I had no idea about this, but today is apparently my five-year anniversary creating a blog with WordPress. So much has happened to me in five years, but the one thing that remains a constant is my love of writing.
I created this blog one month before I graduated college. So, in the five years since my first post: I have graduated college, graduated law school, and have been practicing law for a year and a half. I’ve fallen in love, and I’ve also met a lot of new friends. I have so many wonderful memories from the past five years.
I have loved writing down my thoughts and my stories here. This blog has been through different stages and names, but I think I have finally found one that I am happy with and that I have been consistent with over the last year.
I’m grateful for everyone who follows me and that has interacted with me over the last five years. Here’s to five more!
Today is Harry Potter’s 38th birthday, so I felt like a post was necessary!
As a kid I was not interested in reading Harry Potter. I remember checking it out of the library, and then never finishing the first book. I saw the movies right when they came out, and I still watch all of them about once a year. When I was younger, Harry Potter didn’t fit into my genre of books I liked reading.
I visited Harry Potter World with my boyfriend a year ago though, and it was so amazing! From the Butterbeer to the Hogwarts Express, no detail got left out of this amazing park. I think I could go back once a week and still find something new to look at each time.
Since then I have read the first four books, and I plan to read the last three soon. J.K. Rowling is an absolute genius, and her writing is unparalleled.
Harry Potter’s influence on my generation, as well as younger and older generations, should always be celebrated.
(I’m a Ravenclaw, by the way.)
Thank you so much GaillovesGod for nominating me to do this! I’m excited to share a little about myself with my followers 🙂
Below are questions & answers for all of the nominees ❤
- What are my strengths?
- I’m not easily intimidated.
- I don’t take no for an answer.
- I can talk to anyone about anything.
- What are my short term goals?
- To continue to blog regularly.
- To get my health back to normal.
- I’d like to be accepted onto a baking show that I entered a contest for.
- What are my long term goals?
- To write my book and get it published.
- To run for public office and be elected.
- Who matters the most to me?
- My family
- My boyfriend Johnny
- My friends
- My English bulldog Nugget
- What am I ashamed of?
- That I’ve gained weight.
- That I’m not always grateful for what I have in life.
- What do I like to do for fun?
- I love going to Disney World with my boyfriend.
- I love going to Clemson football games.
- I love a good glass of wine and a book.
- What new activities am I willing to try?
- I’d like to try white water rafting.
- What am I worried about?
- Not living up to my potential and wasting the talents I have been given.
- What are my values?
- My values come from God and my momma.
- If I had one wish, it would be…?
- to be able to talk with my cousin David.
- Where do I feel the safest?
- What or who gives me comfort?
- If I was afraid, I would…?
- What is my proudest accomplishment?
- Passing the Bar exam and being admitted to the South Carolina Bar
- Am I a night owl or early bird?
- What does my inner critic tell me?
- That I can be better than I am, and I’m not living up to my potential.
- What do I do to show my self, self-care?
- I love getting my nails done.
- I love going to yoga.
- Am I an introvert or extrovert?
- I am an extroverted introvert. I enjoy talking to other people and being with other people, but I retreat to my corner as soon as I can.
- What am I passionate about?
- politics, a good cup of coffee, and Clemson football
- What do my dreams tell me?
- That I need to work on being less anxious.
- What is my favourite non-fiction book?
- The only Non-fiction book I read is the Bible. I read some biographies every now and then, but the Bible will always be my favorite non-fiction book!
- What is my favourite fiction book?
- This is the hardest question on here by far. I love anything by Agatha Christie, John Grisham, the Hannah Swensen mysteries by JoAnne Fluke, and growing up Trixie Belden and Nancy Drew were all I would read.
- What is my favourite movie?
- What is my favourite band?
- the Beatles or the Eagles depending on my mood
- What is my favourite food?
- What is my favourite colour?
- What am I grateful for?
- That I have a family that loves me and has sacrificed to get me to the point that I am today.
- That I have a God who forgives every wrong I have ever made.
- When I am feeling down, I like to?
- I know I am stressed when?
- I feel anxious or my face is breaking out.
Thanks for nominating me GaillovesGod!
Alexx’s Keto Avenue
I am so excited about this. Getting people to follow my blog has been exponentially harder than Instagram or Twitter followers. I feel like it’s easier to get followers on other platforms, mainly because there are more people on those sites. Most of the people I know in real life all have an Instagram or a Twitter or Facebook, but most do not have a blog.
So, I’m super excited that I have 106 followers as of today! Thank you all so much for caring about the things I write and what I have to say. It means so much!
Happy Thursday! I’ve come to my followers looking for advice.
So, I tend to stay in a small section of authors, and I am pretty set in my ways about what I read. I like to stick with mysteries, detective stories, and classic novels, and I shy away from stepping out of that comfort zone.
If you were to suggest one author that does not write mysteries or crime or thrillers to me, who would it be and why? What books of theirs are your favorites? It’s not that I haven’t read other genres, but I’m curious about new authors to check out. I’m sure that I’m missing out on a lot of good books, and I want to check out some new things.
Today is Dr. Seuss’s birthday, and I thought I’d share some of my favorite quotes to get you through this last day of the work week! Happy Friday friends!